1 lb lean, organic ground turkey
1 medium red onion
8 large portobello caps
4 tbsps organic ketchup
4 tbsps olive oil
Sea salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Link to recipe: Turkey Burgers
- Form turkey into four patties and grill or sear on high heat in olive oil for six minutes on each side or until cooked through. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Bring one tablespoon olive oil to medium heat in nonstick skillet.
- Slice onions thin and cook for five minutes until caramelized.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste in the last minute of cooking. Set onions aside.
- Rinse, pat dry, and rub portobello caps with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Grill for three minutes on each side or sear over high heat in pan with olive oil.
- Assemble turkey burgers by placing on top of one mushroom cap and garnising with caramelized onions, sliced avocado, sea salt and pepper to taste, and organic ketchup.
- Top with another mushroom cap to complete the “bun”.