Skinny Zuppa Toscana Soup
1 pound sweet Italian ground chicken
1 onion diced
2 to 3 garlic cloves minced (more if you like garlic)
2 frozen 10 ounce bags of cauliflower
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk or regular milk
1 bundle of Kale chopped
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 ounces of cream cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
5 slices turkey bacon cooked and crumbled
Link to recipe: Skinny Zuppa Toscana Soup
- In a medium saute pan spray with non stick cooking spray. Add ground chicken until it’s done.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until onions are golden brown.
- Place frozen cauliflower in microwave until unfrozen. Or boil as directed on package.
- Cut cauliflower into more bit size pieces.
- In a stock pot add chicken broth, cauliflower, cooked ground chicken with the onions and garlic, chopped kale, Parmesan cheese, milk, cream cheese, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes.
- Heat until the cream cheese is melted. Do not boil.
- Serve with crumbled turkey bacon on top.